Cairns best family Great Barrier Reef Tour
Enjoy a Great Barrier Reef Experience family tour! Reef Experience’s family reef cruise day tour is Cairns all inclusive package tour packed with family friendly activities …plus the chance for Mum and Dad to relax!
There’s Great Barrier Reef family fun for everyone from Grandparents to toddlers, and all in between.
Reef Experience family package is for 2 adults and 2 children age 4-11 years. Additional adults or children may be added. Under 4 years old travel free of charge.
Cairns only all inclusive Outer Barrier Reef day tour guarantees no hidden costs!
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Reef locations
- Unlimited Snorkeling
- FREE scuba dive
- Great staff
- Snorkeling equipment and tuition (including wetsuit)
- FREE Certified Scuba Dive or Resort Scuba Dive (no-experience necessary) for everyone who is over the age of 12 and medically fit to scuba
- Glass bottom boat tour (weather permitting)
- Marine Biologist Reef Talk
- BBQ breakfast roll & fruit platter
- Delicious, freshly prepared hot & cold buffet lunch
- Afternoon cheese, wine & biscuits
- Tea & coffee service
- Transfers to and from the marina if you are staying in the Cairns business area
- Free buoyancy aids
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees
|7.20 am||Board Reef Experience for check-in|
|Delicious BBQ breakfast of bacon and egg rolls and an assorted fruit platter. Vegetarian options available – please advise upon booking|
|8.00 am||Departure. Safety briefing and snorkeling demonstration|
|8.30 am||Marine Biology Talk|
|9.30 am||Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location snorkeling, scuba diving and glass bottom boat ride*|
|12.45 pm||Cruise to afternoon reef location snorkelling, second scuba dives and relaxing|
|3.00 pm||Complimentary wine, cheese, biscuits and fruit platters served|
|Depart the Great Barrier Reef for the journey back to Cairns|
|4.30 pm||Approximate return arrival time|
What to Bring
- Cash or Credit Card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Sun Cream & Hat
- Voucher if applicable
- Proof of certification if you’re a Certified Diver
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Biologist guided snorkel tour
- Underwater digital camera hire
Reef Experience Family Tour
Great Barrier Reef Cruise, Reef Experience
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
If you wish to participate in SCUBA DIVING please see MEDICAL ADVICE below… It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit to Scuba Dive.
It is important to read all the below Terms and Conditions – If you wish to participate in SCUBA DIVING please scroll down to see MEDICAL ADVICE below…
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - SCUBA DIVING - MEDICAL ADVICE
• Please read the below Medical Advice, Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy Carefully.
• One free Certified Scuba Dive or Resort Scuba Dive for everyone who is over the age of 12 and medically fit to scuba dive.
• Your health and safety is of paramount importance to our company. Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the world - with the safest dive record in the world
• Under Queensland Government Laws you are required to fill out a Medical Questionnaire for swimming, snorkelling and Scuba Diving after boarding Reef Experience.
• Some Medical Conditions and Medication can prevent you from participating in Scuba Diving even if you are a certified diver.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
• Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler / Ventalin for any reason you will need a DIVE MEDICAL before diving
• Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
• Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
• Chronic sinus condition
• Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
• Chest Surgery
• Heart Disease of any kind
• If you have a cold you cannot scuba dive
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
• Chronic ear discharge or infection
• High blood pressure
• Ear Surgery
• Fainting Seizures or blackouts
• Recurrent ear problems when flying
• Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
• Any illness or operation within the last month
• Perforated eardrum
• Suffering a common cold
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local Dive doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater.
These checks are done on the day of travel and can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY as a passenger to ensure that you will be able to scuba dive if you have any MEDICAL CONDITIONS or taking any MEDICATION. Being proactive can avoid disappointment on the day of being refused to scuba dive.
If you have any EXISTING or PREVIOUS MEDICAL CONDITIONS or Taking Any Medication please be proactive before your trip and contact our office on +61 7 40372700.
Do not presume that by taking medication you have controlled your medical condition it is the medication also that can have side effects when diving.
Your safety is our first priority so if you wish to dive with us and have any of these conditions we will require you to have an Australian dive medical to the Australian standard AS.4005.1.
This can be obtained at most 24hour medical centres.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws - we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions. On +61 7 40372700
FLYING after SCUBA DIVING
Currently the regulation state that for a single no decompression dive, you should not fly/go to altitude for at least 12 to 18 hours after a scuba dive
For multiple dives you should not fly/go to altitude for at least 24 hours after their last dive
We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible
• Please inform of dietary, food allergies or other special requirement prior to date of travel.
• Please re confirm your reservation 48 hours prior to travel.
• We require 48 hours to re schedule you trip subject to availability (see cancellation policy)
• Locations, Prices, Vessel and Itinerary are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration for your enjoyment and safety.
• Travel and dive insurance are highly recommended.
• Scuba Diving (applies to both certified and first time divers):
• No refunds on uncompleted dives.
• Ages 12+ years for all scuba activities
• You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before participating in any scuba activities.
• We strongly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, medical evacuation, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Children prices are for ages 4-11 years.
• Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-11 years.