Terms of Payment
Full payment is required at the time of booking. We accept cash and credit card payments. Please note a credit card surcharge applies.
- 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
- 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
- 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation or to alter a reservation.
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances – including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase Comprehensive Travel Insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities.
Please refer to the Trade Practices Act 1974.
Terms and Conditions
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance at +61 7 4037 2700.
- No alcohol may be consumed before in-water activities.
- Children’s prices are from 4 to 11 years of age. If booking as a certified diver, adult rates apply.
- Reef levies are included in the cost.
- Locations, vessels, and itineraries are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances, but with full consideration of your safety and enjoyment. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries, all of which are subject to change without notice. We accept no liability for any loss or out-of-pocket costs incurred as a result of the cancellation or change in the itinerary, however caused (direct or indirect).
- The glass-bottom boat tour is weather-dependent, and if canceled for safety reasons or any other unforeseen circumstances, no refunds will be issued, prioritizing passenger safety.
- Neither this site nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, any loss, any damage, delays, deaths, or personal injury.
- All passengers are strongly advised to purchase Comprehensive Travel Insurance that covers personal injury and the events, including but not limited to your cancellation for any reason and the cancellation or alteration to the scheduled itinerary for reasons involving weather or passenger, crew, or vessel safety. Please read your insurance policy’s wording carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
- The passenger acknowledges and consents to Reef Encounter taking photographs or video recordings during the course of this activity/tour. The passenger acknowledges and consents to Reef Encounter receiving and using images of the passenger from third parties and using these images for marketing and promoting its services.
- Please inform us of any special requirements 48 hours before your travel date, such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility, and disability issues. This can be done in the ‘Booking Message’ section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team.
- Overnight Trips: Individuals under 18 must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian.
- Day Trips: Individuals under 16 must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian. A 16 or 17-year-old may travel with prior written parental consent and must have relevant liability forms signed by a parent or Guardian.
- Open Water Courses: The minimum age for participating in an SSI Open Water Course is 10. Individuals under 18 must have relevant liability forms signed by a parent or Guardian.
- Introductory diving: The minimum age for participating in an introductory dive is 12. Individuals under 18 must have relevant liability forms signed by a parent or Guardian.
Scuba Diving – Important Information
All Certified Divers must present a valid Certification Card. Failure to present a Certification Card may result in the customer being unable to participate in scuba diving. They can enjoy snorkeling activities instead. No refunds would be offered.
The minimum age for Introductory Diving is 12 years old. The minimum age for certified diving and Open Water Courses is 10 years old. All junior divers must either be accompanied by a certified parent or guardian or must dive with a dive professional at an additional charge. If the diver is under the age of 18 years, parental or guardian consent is required for that diver to undertake a dive. The parent or guardian should sign the medical declaration as a witness.
Upon arriving at our vessel and before commencing any dive activities, all passengers must complete our liability forms. All information provided must be strictly accurate. If during the tour, it becomes apparent that a form has been incorrectly completed, either by omission or false statement, we reserve the right to prevent any customer from undertaking any scuba diving or snorkelling activities while on board our vessel. Any decision made in this regard will be at the absolute discretion of the Dive Crew aboard the vessel.
The dangers and risks associated with scuba diving in an open ocean environment under variable conditions apply to our tours. We reserve the right to prevent any customer from participating in scuba diving if we determine that they are physically or medically unsuitable to do so or if it is in the best interests of our crew or other scuba divers. Our crew are trained professionals, and it is up to their sole discretion who they take diving and/or snorkelling. No refunds would apply.
Please remember you must allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
Medical Conditions & Medications
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
All passengers participating in any Scuba activities must complete a Medical Questionnaire. If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or medication, please complete our Can I go Diving? questionnaire on our website. If you’ve answered yes to any questions or take any prescribed medication, you will need further medical clearance. This must be arranged prior to your day of departure.
Medication: DO NOT presume that by taking medication is controlling your medical conditions, and you should be fine to scuba dive, as it is the medication that can be the problem when scuba diving. Particularly prescribed medication may require a medical clearance.
The medical certification should be provided in English, preferably by a medical practitioner with experience in diving medicine, within 90 days prior to the scuba dive. The certificate must state that the person is medically fit to dive.
No refunds on uncompleted dives due to medical conditions and/or prescribed medications or change of mind.
If you do have any pre-existing/existing medical conditions or are taking any medication whatsoever and are not sure whether you will be deemed medically fit to Scuba Dive, please get in touch with our Office at 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected], we will be only too happy to help you if we can. Alternatively, the best thing to do is to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical.
Reef Experience PUBLIC HOLIDAYS SURCHARGE
- A Surcharge of $100 per person applies to 25 December 2023 and 25 December 2024 – Christmas Day
- A Surcharge of $50 per person applies to all other Queensland public holidays listed:
- 26 December 2023 – Boxing Day
- 01 January 2024 – New Year’s Day
- 26 January 2024 – Australia Day
- 29, 30 & 31 March and 01 April 2024 – Easter
- 25 April 2024 – Anzac Day
- 06 May 2024 – Labour Day
- 19 July 2024 – Cairns Annual Show
- 07 October 2024 – King’s Birthday
- 26 December 2024 – Boxing Day
- 01 January 2025 – New Year’s Day
Our Group & Charter Booking Terms and Conditions apply to bookings of fifteen people or more.
Reef Experience Group & Charter Terms and Conditions-27APR23.pdf